Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Quarter 1 Reflection

Looking back on quarter one I see that I have made many improvements and I now have more to look forward to as the school year continues. The work required for enriched English 10 seemed overwhelming at the beginning of the year but by now I'm beginning to appreciate the results that it pays. At this time I see myself as a better writer and in general a more prepared high school student.

My edline report tells the story of my English experience. One hundred percent scores reflect times when I have studied or prepared for a quiz or assignment. Low scores represent when I have not been prepared. This fact has taught me that I need to work hard to get good grades. I am fully capable of getting an A on each and every assignment, it is all a matter of effort. Looking at my percentage for the quarter, 92.6%, I have become determined to break that barrier that I am so close to and get past 93% for an A.

One area that I believe I am not totally capable of getting 100% in is essays. Although I can make a good essay that may get an A I am still in the process of learning how to write great essays. I look forward to the end of the year when I will be able to work efficiently and effectively at making a well crafted essay. At this point in time however I do not have enough practice and still have a lot to learn. This is where the effort can really pay off. Thus far I am a better english student than I was at the beginning, but the work will continue and further improvements will be made.

4 comments:

sonofabennett7 said...

David your posts never stop to amaze me and this is no exception. Your reflection process is smart and unparralleled, and I am looking forward to the end of Quarter 2 for one reason and one reason only. Your Q2 blog post! Keep up the good work!

Ross C. said...

I've done much better on essays this year, but I'll have to agree with you. Besides my memoir I doubt i'll ever get a 100% on a literay analysis paper/research paper. I've got your same goal, about 92.8% or something I wanna get that up to an A too.

maggie said...

Hi David! I enjoyed reading your blog-you were very insightful. I struggle with the same thing that you do-writing a solid essay. I feel like I've already come a long way though, and I'm sure that by the end of the year, everyone in the class will be writing awesome papers. Hope you get the 93% next quarter!

Ms. Froehlich said...

Notice how everyone enjoys and appreciates your ideas on the blog. Perhaps you'd be willing to share more of your ideas verbally during class discussions? I'm glad you feel that your writing has improved. It can only get stronger as you continue to write, and write and write!